Coming to PC and consoles* 2019/20
* all current consoles except handheld systems
Vienna, AUSTRIA / Vaduz, LIECHTENSTEIN, August 19th, 2019 – Drone Champions League AG. and THQ Nordic today announced the cooperation on releasing Drone Champions League – The Game (DCL – The Game) 2019/20 for PC and consoles (no handheld systems).
Watch the announcement trailer, here.
- DCL The Game will be the official videogame of Drone Champions League – the world’s leading championship for professional drone racing teams.
- Fly the original tracks from DCL and experience Drone Racing like a professional pilot
- Herbert Weirather, DCL CEO: “We are absolutely delighted to work with THQ! With probably the best worldwide distribution and joined marketing forces we can finally fuse the virtual gaming world with the real world on an unmatched scale.”
About DCL – The Game
- Authenticity: DCL The Game is modelled closely on real-life drone flight behaviour – so close that the top performing pilots in the game can compete in the DCL Draft Selection, where pilots will be drafted to real-life racing teams competing in the DCL
- Four distinct flight modes: select from four different models: Arcade mode is perfect for beginners, thanks to the automated altitude control and simplified controls. GPS Mode flies like your standard camera drone, with stabilisation and altitude control. ANGLE MODE, also known as stabilised mode on some models is available on most amateur racing drones. ACRO MODE gives the pilot more control, this is how real drone racing and freestyle pilots control their drones
- Drone controller support; fly the game with the actual drone remote controller (PC and Mac)
- Game modes: free flight, time attack and online multiplayer (up to 30 people)
- Choose from 27 different tracks ranging from Torino (Italy), the Great Wall of China (China), Laax (Switzerland), Neom (Saudi Arabia), to many other racing locations
- Physical presets: choose from three unique physical presets for your drone: lightweight, DC19-Standard, and heavyweight for very different flight behaviour. Highly realistic flight physics in these three set ups keeps competition balanced.
- Leaderboard: Global leaderboard for each platform
Standard Edition PC: USD 29.99 / EUR 29.99 / GBP 24.99
Standard Edition Consoles: USD 39.99 / EUR 39.99 / GBP 34.99/
Ambitions and plans for DCL – The Game post-release:
- Make DCL real-life tracks available in-game prior to the actual event – qualifying for real-life races takes place inside the game
- Track editor which allows creation of individual tracks (PC only)
- More information on the game, its ambitions, different SKUs etc. will follow in due time
PR Contact THQ Nordic
Ms. Golnas Eftekhari, PR THQ Nordic
Tel.: +43(0)664 887 372 17
Mr. Florian Emmerich, PR THQ Nordic
Tel.: +43(0)664 887 372 18
Notes for Editors:
About THQ Nordic
For our official boiler plate please click the link below:
About DCL Inc.
The Drone Champions League (DCL) is the recognized championship for professional drone racing teams: an innovative race series that blurs the lines between virtual and reality to serve up a new era of sports entertainment. Since 2016 the DCL has drawn the world’s best drone pilots, who qualify for each race in DCL The Game and then go on to compete on eight international teams in some of the world’s most spectacular real-life settings, from buzzing global capitals to surreal natural wonders.
Each DCL race is broadcast live, worldwide on TV and also online. From the Great Wall of China to the Champs-Elysées – where 180,000 spectators lined the boulevard – the LED-lit racing drones dart through the custom tracks head-to-head, flashing by fans at speeds of more than 160 km/h as the pilots fly them using virtual reality goggles. First to the finish wins, and with margins breathtakingly tight, contact happens. The daring manoeuvres of bold pilots can boost drones to victory or send them tumbling.